So today, I've decided I'm going to share with you my goals and missions in life. I figure it's a good start and maybe a good plan to share with others so we can all help each other in the end.
1. LOOSE WEIGHT: I'm 175 lbs. I'm not too thrilled about it. I was 130 in high school and due to stress and feeling comfortable around my boyfriend eating everything under the sun didn't help. I want to come back down to 130-140 range. I'm giving a 10 lb range because I want to know that when I hit 140, I'm almost there and I have that little bit more to go. It is going to be a lot of work. I started this goal a week ago. Hopefully something will come out of it.
2. WORK IN MY CAREER: I have a B.A. in Business Administration/Arts Management/Music. What have I been doing with this? Really nothing right now. I'm a waitress waiting for my big shot. Granted I'm 2 years out of school and of those 2 years, I worked 9 months as an Assistant Box Office Manager at a LORT Theater in Norfolk, VA. Apparently it's not enough to get a job back home in Cleveland since it's been a year. Ideally, I'd like to book talents and shows, organize festivals and concert series. There isn't too much out there right now.
3. FIX MY CREDIT: From 2004-now, I have supported myself. When my parents moved away, I had to fend for myself. So when I got credit cards, I put grocery's, books, clothes and a computer on them. I haven't been able to pay anything because of how little I'm paid. Yes, though I'm a waitress, I don't work enough to make a living out of it and also don't want do because it's not what I want to do. I don't want to be trapped and get in a habit of working in the restaurant. I need to pay my student loans which are pretty much in forbearance. I'm in really big trouble and thanks to my boyfriend, he's helping me out with everything and making a lot easier on me.
4. HAVE MY OWN PLACE: What I really want is a place to call home. Somewhere where I'll feel comfortable under my own roof, have my own kitchen, set up my furniture and decorations... I can only dream right now. The fun thing is, I can taste it (if having my own place had a taste). I want to able to cook most importantly and feed my boyfriend/fiance/husband. I don't know where I'll be in the significant other aspect, but I'll take what I can get :)
5. GET MARRIED: I have been with my boyfriend for 6 1/2 years. I was in school for 4 of those years, but that's a long time regardless. We've talked on numerous occasions on how things will be, how we'd raise our kids, where we will go, what we could be doing. I see my old classmates married with houses and kids, and I want that for myself. Perhaps goals 1-4 will have to be done first...
Those are my missions and goals. Maybe having these posted will help remind me to stay on track and not to be discouraged. I truly believe that GOD has a plan for us all and that maybe I need to be more patient with life. Watch the sunrise and enjoy the breeze. Everyday is a new day, a new beginning. It's up to me to make that happen with the help of family and friends.
Let's get moving.
Sunday, April 25, 2010
So this is the beginning. You need to start from somewhere right? I'm not really sure what this blog will be all about. I suppose mostly things that I'm going through, things I do and places I go. I feel that this is more about my experiences and how I keep track of them. We'll see what happens. But I hope you enjoy reading and learning about Part of My World :)