Sunday, July 18, 2010

Work vs. Life

For the past few days, I've been thinking about how I've been living my life and here's what it came to:

At work, I've noticed that I'm hard driven, on a mission, get things done, impatient and an overachiever. If I apply this to my life outside of work, I would get things done! It may be that because it is a job (although it's only waitressing) that I care more about how I present myself at work at the things I do are professional and isn't making me look bad. I'm on stage per se. Whereas, at home, no one knows what I'm doing unless there's a change in my life that I'm excited (or not) about and then the world knows.

What I'm trying to say is, I REALLY need to get the ball rolling. I've noticed that I'm lazy, want to relax, play my games, stay organized and clean (for the most part) and it really needs to change. I wonder how this is going to work. There needs to be more motivation for me. Someone needs to kick me in the butt and say "Get moving!" I've been living in my new place for a month now and it's time I do get that ball rolling. If there was some type of reward system, pat on the back, or whatever... maybe I'd get the job done like I get it done at work. Perhaps I should treat my life like work... maybe I'll feel overloaded and strung out if I do that.

Suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. *kicking you in the butt* GET MOVING! *kick* *kick* *kick*

    ReplyDelete